Happy Monday! Kick off your week with our latest edition of what’s hot and happening in the world of digital marketing. To help you stay up to date with digital marketing news, here are some of the biggest stories you need to know about right now:
1. Facebook launched Canvas, “a new post-click, full-screen, immersive mobile ad experience on Facebook that loads nearly instantaneously.” The Canvas tool is currently available to all advertisers in Power Editor.
2. Last week Facebook rolled out Reactions, an extension of the Like button that lets users choose from six other emotions ranging from love to wow to angry. Here are some things that marketers need to know about Facebook Reactions.
3. It was confirmed that Google will no longer be showing ads on the right side of desktop search results. There are, however, two exceptions: Product Listing Ad (PLA) boxes and ads in the Knowledge Panel.
4. LinkedIn has introduced a service called LinkedIn Account Targeting. It allows marketers to run targeted campaigns on a large scale, capable of targeting people at up to 30,000 companies at once.
5. We know this is old news, but were you aware that loser.com redirects to Donald Trump’s Wikipedia page? It never fails to make us LOL.