Owning a business of any size can be stressful, but small business owners have a number of unique challenges. And yes, budgets are at the top of the list! How can you achieve the results you need to compete with the “big boys” while keeping costs in line? When it comes to small business marketing, going digital offers invaluable answers. But to truly go digital, you need a professional web design -- one that is responsive, mobile friendly, and optimized to convert web traffic into leads and sales.
You also need digitally savvy marketing expertise that's well versed in the latest techniques for search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, and more. Here's why:
You need to Reach Today’s Consumers
Digital marketing is a must in today’s tech-saturated landscape. These techniques empower your brand to reach a wide, and deep, audience, engage effectively, build trust, establish an authoritative presence, and, ultimately, maximize the impact of your budget dollars. And the hub of your business' digital marketing is your website.
>> How does your website measure up? Find out now with a FREE audit.
A DIY approach, however, can be cost-prohibitive in the long run. Without specialized industry experience or conversion-optimized website landing pages to send your advertising traffic to, your team is left struggling with a steep learning curve and scrambling to keep up with constant changes.
That struggle is time, resources, and energy that is not being spent on mission-critical tasks. A professional web design and digital marketing agency can take on the responsibility for keeping your business firmly in the 21st century.
>> Is your website out of date? This FREE website SEO audit will let you know.
7 REasons to hire a Professional web design Agency
- Cost: When you compare the cost of handling your web design and digital marketing in-house to that of hiring a professional web design and digital marketing agency, you may be (pleasantly) surprised to discover it is comparable. This is especially true if you can’t spare any of your current workers and have to hire a dedicated web designer or marketing employee; going agency eliminates the need for salary, benefits, and other in-house, employment-related costs.
- Experts: By hiring a web design and digital marketing agency, you are getting industry experience and expertise. These professionals also know how to make the most of your budget and will ensure cutting-edge strategies from SEO to blogging to influencer marketing deliver the most “bang for your buck.”
- Up-to-Date Technology: When you hire a professional web design agency, you are ensuring that your website will use the latest technology, both in development and maintenance.
- Scalable Service: If business growth is your goal, you can hire an agency that is able to grow with you. If you hire an in-house employee to deal with your web design and/or digital marketing, you (hopefully) will outgrow his or her capacity. An agency will be able to handle the changes you encounter as you scale up. An agency will have the resources available and, since they’ve helped your company grow, they have a vested interest in your continued success.
- Measurable Results: A professional web design and digital marketing agency will be able to show you the hard numbers behind your strategies and initiatives. You will know, empirically, which tactics are working and which ones need to be tweaked or jettisoned.
- Custom Solutions: Businesses who decide to develop in-house most likely use DIY web services that only offer templates. Using templates hinders your ability to customize your website to accommodate your unique business goals. An agency can design and develop a custom website to fit your business' specific needs.
- Focus on Your Business: One of the biggest reasons to hire out for your web design and small business marketing needs is because you can stop worrying about the nuts and bolts of execution and focus your attention where it needs to be: on your business.
If you want to charge full speed into the digital frontier to drive leads and sales, enlist the services of a professional web design and digital marketing agency to help you address your small business marketing worries.
>> Concerned about the speed of your website? Try this FREE website SEO audit.
At THAT Agency, we have plans to suit nearly every budget and, when you leverage our team's expertise, you’ll know that your money is being spent for maximum results. Contact us today at 561-832-6262.
Editor's Note: This post was originally published in May 2018 and has been updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.