How to Install the Facebook Pixel on a Wordpress Website
Posted at Dec 29, 2017 11:53:06 AM by Nathan Mendenhall | Share
When it comes to collecting and leveraging social media data to market a business, Facebook is the king. They are always evolving their product to learn more about users and what makes them react to marketing messages. To further pass these insights on to marketers, Facebook created the Facebook Pixel which helps marketers measure the impact of their advertising and understand how Facebook Users are interacting with websites. Installing the Facebook Pixel is a straightforward process involving adding a little snippet of code to your website. The process isn’t that scary, however not everyone is comfortable with code. If your website is built on WordPress, you are in luck! Facebook and WordPress have an integration that allows you to install the Facebook Pixel in a few quick steps. There are a few obvious benefits to installing the Facebook Pixel on your WordPress website:
Reach the Right People – Find new leads and customers on Facebook (and Instagram) through remarketing and optimize your ads for people who are the most likely to care about your message.
Expand Your Audience – Prospect for new customers by creating a Lookalike Audience that matches the behaviors of your website visitors to the closest 1% of Facebook users in a geographic area.
Trigger Actions You Care About – Optimize ads for conversions, landing page views or any other action that matters to your business.
More Data – Get a deep understanding of your Facebook Community and how they are interacting with your website. Also unlock view-through attributions!
Now that you have a little understanding about the power of the Facebook Pixel, let’s talk about how to install the Facebook Pixel on a WordPress website.
1. Navigate to your Facebook Ads Manager and select the Pixels tab.
2. Click Create a Pixel and then select Create when prompted
3. After you have created the Facebook Pixel, you will need to then download a file with that information so that you can upload it to WordPress
4. Return to the Pixels Section in Facebook Ads Manager
5. Select Set Up Pixel and then choose Use an Integration or Tag Manager
6. Click WordPress and download the .zip file that you will need to install into WordPress via your Admin Panel
7. Log into WordPress and navigate to your Admin Panel
8. Choose Plugins and click Add New
9. Click Choose File and select facebook-pixel-for-wordpress-[your_pixel_ID].zip
10. Click Install Now
11. Click Activate Plugin
Your pixel should now be installed! Just to be safe, return to the Pixel section in Facebook Ad Manager in about 24 hours to make sure that the pixel is healthy. From here, you can maximize the impact of your ads and learn more about your customers! Have fun!