1. You can now watch live Periscope broadcasts on Twitter without ever leaving the app. This functionality is initially rolling out on iOS, but will likely come soon to Twitter for Android and the web.
2. Twitter has also introduced Conversational Ads, which “make it even easier for consumers to engage with and then spread a brand’s campaign message.”
3. The Super Bowl is right around the corner- and the average cost of a 30-second slot during the game has soared to $5 million this year! Here's everything we know so far about which brands are advertising with Super Bowl commercials and what they've got planned.
4. In the last week, many SEO professionals and webmasters reported major ranking changes in Google as the search giant updates its Core Algorithm. Google claims that this is not Penguin, but rather just common core ranking algorithm updates.
5. A new study from Nanigans found that advertisers continued to increase their ad budgets on Facebook in Q4- especially when it came to Facebook video ads, dynamic product ads and carousel ads during the holiday shopping quarter.
6. Snapchat plans on competing with Facebook for advertisers’ dollars with ad targeting, new business bosses and a possible algorithmic feed.
7. On February 8, all Chipotle stores will close for an hours-long safety talk. Will it help, or taint the brand even more?