Welcome to the last edition of what’s new and hot in the world of digital marketing news for 2015. We wish everyone a Merry Christmas, and lots of happiness and success in the new year!
1. Facebook is taking on Yelp with it’s new Professional Services feature, which gives people the ability to find the highest-rated businesses in a given area. This feature is currently desktop-only and hasn’t been officially announced by Facebook yet.
2. Facebook has rolled out Live video streaming for verified pages. With Live, sports teams, media companies, brands, and other verified Pages can make announcements, share news updates, take fans behind the scenes, host Q&As, and more.
3. Search Engine Journal has released 10 digital marketing trend predictions to watch out for in 2016. Among the things they expect to really take off in the new year: social ads, Facebook Messenger for Business, native advertising, video, and podcasts, to name a few.
4. With video being as hot, hot, hot as it is, it’s important to have some told to simplify (or kick start) your brand’s video production. Check out these video tools for social media marketers.
5. Link building is an extremely integral part of digital marketing – specifically organic marketing. Here's what link building is going to look like in 2016.
6. One of the most challenging parts of a web designer or digital marketer’s job is finding interesting, high quality images to use. Just to make your life a little easier, we’ve created a list of the best FREE stock photography sites. You’re welcome!