We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and long holiday weekend. Here are the advertising and marketing stories that you need to know about today:
1. These 10 ads are being called the worst ads of 2014. They come from brands like Unilever, Hooters, and Nippon Airlines.
3. Car brands like Volkswagen, Jaguar and Lincoln are pulling out of the Super Bowl, as they don’t want to pay the required $4 million for a 30-second spot.
4. Videos and memes are not the only thing going viral. According to NPR, audio clips are growing in popularity- a trend that could bring new marketing opportunities.
6. However, Walmart.com has reported the biggest Cyber Monday in history, with mobile traffic at 70% over the holidays.
7. 64% of the teenage participants in the new GlobalWebIndex (GWI) Social Summary for Q3 2014 said they are spending less time on Facebook for one big reason – they’re bored.
8. We are just weeks away from Facebook’s significant changes to their News Feed (showing less promotional posts from brands). Here are some ways to prepare for Facebook’s News Feed update.
9. Just for fun, here are the 15 memes that "broke the Internet" in 2014, including Luis Suarez's famous World Cup bite, the "apparently kid," Alex from Target, and of course, Kim Kardashian's behind.