Millennials make up a good chunk of active social media users. If your brand is looking to target them on social channels, there are a few things that you should know. Before we cover these awesome stats, lets just make sure that everyone knows what we mean when we say, “millenials”. This is a group of young people who were born from the early 1980’s up until the early 2000’s. Essentially this group is tech savvy, motivated by trends and very hard to romance with hard-selling marketing. Now that we know who we are talking about, what do we need to know about them? A recent study by Render Positive teased out some great statistics that I thought were very important to note when trying to appeal to the ever-elusive millennial. Let’s take a look at what they found.
When asked why they follow brands on social media:
- 57% wanted competitions and freebies
- 39% wanted product recommendations
- 30% wanted entertaining media
- 15% wanted overall fun conversation.
When asked what annoys them the most about a brand, a majority of millennials said posting too much.
When asked what makes a brand attractive, a majority of millennials responded that the brand presents best overall value or is a brand they can relate to.
Millennials are very mindful of the security of their personal information online:
- 43% expressed concern
- 68% said that they didn't like apps or websites that used Facebook Connect to share information.
- 38% reported that they would avoid using Facebook Connect all-together.
Millennials are informed and active on social media:
- More than 50% of them have used social media to decide on a purchase
- 41-52% of millennials compare prices online before making a purchase
- 49% have made complaints about a brand or service on social media.
There you have it. Millennials are a tech savvy group that want a sincere and high-quality digital experience. If you have this age group in your marketing cross-hairs, you might want to take note.
Do any of these stats surprise you? Sound off in the comment section!