With all the problems they have, you would think that the one issue a large company such as Godaddy shouldn't have is up-time issues. No, no. That's an issue too.
So far, a few of my sites have been having some database connection issues as of late. Today, I'm casually editing some content, and suddenly my FTP client stops responding. After a little research, here's what we know:
- An unknown number of servers are having issues. It seems to be widespread, involving a lot of shared hosting servers.
- These servers are completely down. No ftp, no http access, no pinging.
- According to Godaddy, it is an "unknown issue".
- More than likely, they are having some sort of outlying hardware issues that have caused outside access to the servers to be disrupted.
At any rate, this is just another sign that Godaddy's service is still on the decline as it grows larger. It seems it's time to abandon that ship altogether and go with some more reliable hosting. For those of you looking for better hosting, try one of these tried and true providers:
- Hostgator - Fast and reliable. %99.9 guaranteed uptime
- Bluehost - Equally stable hosting for cheap.