Video is no longer a nice luxury to have in your marketing mix. Brands making noise online have embraced using video in different ways to tell their story and drive their brand messaging home. Not only are more brands using video, recent data shows that 43% of people actually want to see more video content from brands. BOOM! They want it, so give it to them! Just in case you needed more convincing, here are 9 video marketing stats to blow your mind.
- 86% of brand-related video views take place on desktop and only 14% of views take place on mobile.
- The most popular video viewing time is Wednesday between 10am and 12pm.
- Businesses publish an average of 18 videos per month.
- 85% of businesses now have internal resources to create videos.
- The average business has 293 videos in their library.
- 56% of videos published in the last year are less than 2 minutes long.
- The four most common video types are Explainers, Product Demos, How-Tos and Testimonials.
- The average video retains only 37% of viewers through the whole video.
- Videos under 90 seconds see an average retention rate of 53% while videos over 30 minutes only retain 10% of viewers.
The moral of the story is that you need to start considering how video plays into your content strategy at large. Many clients we work with are often worried about the cost of video production. While there is value in having a professional video shoot and production, there is practicality in using an iPhone. You could purchase a tripod, stabilizer or detachable lenses for relatively cheap and start creating today!
Do you currently use video? If so, how’s it going?!